Tuesday, August 20, 2013

5 LESSONS LEARNED FROM FACEBOOK

We cannot deny the fact that nowadays, social media plays a very important role in our lives. For some of us, (me included) we are very much dependent on it like our life depends on it. Our system is so used to it that in case there is a connection problem, we burn the wires and swear on customer service reps of our ISP (Internet Service Provider).

In my humble opinion, Facebook holds the title of the King Of Social Media (I believe the 'Queen' is now being held by Kris Aquino) or the most popular among social media. Or maybe because I am way biased for Facebook since this is the only social media account I have (oh well, I used to have almost all of them but got tired of it). But bias or not, getting online everyday and browsing through my walls makes me learn a thing or two.

Below are the top five lessons I learned from Facebook:

1. EDIT YOUR PROFILE PIC PRIVATELY

miley cyrus selfie


         Do not flood the wall by repeatedly changing your selfie photos for your profile pic. I admit I am one of those who do not really mind seeing selfie photos flooding my walls but to repeatedly change them and post it publicly is another story. It only tells that you keep taking photos of yourself on different angles which kinda suck and pathetic and we don't have to know.









2. DON'T POST DISGUSTING, OBSCENE AND HORRENDOUS PHOTOS


         One time after my sumptuous lunch, I logged in to Facebook and saw those shocking accident photos my friend shared. It was so disgusting that I almost throw up and so I ended up editing my friends list (I know, my friends list is kind of privileged and regulated, so if I don't find your post entertaining, your off the list,hehe) and dropping him. Maybe, I'm a bit old and not really into seeing horrible photos that some young people find exciting. I just don't have the stomach for those photos. Further, how about just go to an adult website to satisfy your earthly needs? You don't have to share those needs of yours to your friends who may feel offended. I know Facebook made some regulations in posting those photos or videos but it would be much appreciated if you simply don't.




3. FUNNY AND MOTIVATIONAL PHOTOS AND QUOTES COULD REALLY MAKE UP FOR A BAD DAY

facebook.com/funnyquoteshub


         See, dawdling on Facebook is not all that bad. There are actual benefits that we get from it. Seeing funny photos and just laugh out loud to the shock of your officemates could just really make up for a very bad day at the office. Sometimes, friends do read my mind when I feel like lazy or down, they would just post something perky and there I would feel eager and motivated right away (I'm lying and exaggerating here). But believe it or not, posts like those really have an emotional and mental effects on me.













4. RANTING HOLDS THE MOST STATUS ON FACEBOOK.

coachrant.com

        Having a bad day? Facebook can be an avenue to swear and rant out loud even pressing the caps button for us to feel how mad you are. If we rank the various Facebook statuses, ranting will hold the top rank.Well, it is really normal to rant but be wary of what you are saying on your wall. A lot of people got sack from their jobs because of rant statuses about their job. Who knows the boss might be watching, so be extra careful.






5. DISLIKE IS THE CORRECT TERM THAN UNLIKE.


        One thing I noticed when you hit the 'like' button is the word 'unlike'. I am not a grammar police but don't you think that dislike is the correct term for unlike? I mean the exact opposite of like is dislike not unlike which refers to a disparity or comparison. So when you decided to hit the like but later on realized that you really do not like it, you just have to unlike it? Maybe Facebook fails in this area.


So there, those are the things that I learned from logging much on Facebook. We also have to note that Facebook is so influential because it tends to reach a wide audience. Sometimes, what we post is a reflection of who we are. And by the way, you can pitch in your own learned lessons (if any) from Facebook. Seriously, let me know.

Have fun!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment